Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The force of attraction


My current branch is the third one where I've worked in the system, although I have worked temporarily at 4 or 5 more from time to time. My first branch got a Starbucks nearby, and I was happy. Then I moved to my second branch, which had no nearby Starbucks. Oh well. There was a fellow staff member who was a coffee guzzler too, so I was content with that....until the day a Starbucks opened near that branch! Alright! Now, I don't make a habit of buying mochas, but I like to have the option of taking one of my breaks to obtain one if I need to. So, guess what happens? Yep, I move yet again. No nearby Starbucks. Darn it! But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? (See, I can quote Shakespeare too, Johan!) It is to the north, a Starbucks opens a block away! Now I see that the stores near my first two branches are slated for closure. It can't be due to the loss of my business and sunny personality. I mean, probably not. Hopefully, the one near me stays open....at least until I move again.

1 comment:

  1. So, basically, you have an "attractive" personality. That's good!

    ReplyDelete