Saturday, April 11, 2009

More photos





Here is the more artsy photo of the State Ed building. See how long it is? I wonder how many calories I burned running the length of it, back and forth. Anyway, you can see the Capitol building, well, a glimpse of it in this photo. The red roof and all. My great-great-grandfather, Philip Zervas, was one of the many folks who helped build that. Wanna see some of his handiwork? Look at the photo to the left.




















Here is the Capitol building when looking across the Plaza. That weird looking building on the right is The Egg. Yep, it looks like an egg from the side. Inside is a performing arts theatre.









This photo is during the Tulip Festival in Washington Park. My friend from high school once got more than a little inebriated and climbed onto Moses' arm. I can't remember which one, but I had to climb up after her to help her down. Some people need a designated driver. I was a designated climber.








The photo to the right is from the Indian Ladder Trail in John Boyd Thacher State Park. John, I want to take you there someday on a day much like the one in the photo. It is a time honored tradition to walk this trail. This is the scene of one of my many stories that makes you laugh.


Thanks for letting me share some of my favorite places. Thanks to the people who took these photos and posted them to Flickr. But now I am homesick!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment